Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Vivian's school and Family





























Vivian took us to her school and showed us around the classrooms. The students were a little bit older than at Balding and very keen. We saw a lesson on reading comprehension, fractions and phonics. Vanessa’s class then sang us a song.

The principal then gave us morning tea and we headed off back to the college but stopped at Vivian’s house on the way. Her house was gorgeous, a lovely family compound in the middle of a cashew orchid. I have taken photos of the orchard, cashew fruit and the bit they take the nut out of for you. I never knew cashews came from fruit. You can eat the fruit, apparently it is very nice but the juice will stain your clothes for ever.

We met Vivian’s family and went to her neighbours house as well on our way to her son’s school just down the road. At her son’s school we met his class (again term had just started so the school wasn’t full). I was really impressed by the sand and water play tubs at the front of the room so I have taken a photo for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment