One of the major events on the VSO calendar is the Queen’s birthday which is when the volunteers are invited to the British High Commission for a celebration.
It was a fantastic night. I got to wear my new pink dress, Lucy got to wear my other new dress (my birthday present), Kate wore the dress I brought with me and Marielle wore a copy of the dress Kate wore. It is the only time in my life I think that anyone will copy my fashion sense, but Ines at least I must be a bit trendy (thanks for all your rude comments on my Gambian outfits)!!!!
I have put up photos of the majority of the volunteers who were there.
The ‘hear no evil, see no evil and speak no evil’ photo is of myself and my Ugandan friends who I sat on the back of the ute with for hours making jokes and drumming tunes on the up-country trip. They tell me they miss my energy (it’s not often I have energy so I am so impressed that I am remembered for it!). The photo is in memory of the monkeys we saw. The Gambian tradition is not to mention monkeys if you see them as it will bring bad luck. It turned out to be a joke on the trip that after seeing monkeys we had trouble on the ferry on the way back (the guys also attributed my kittens to the monkeys!).
It was a fantastic night. I got to wear my new pink dress, Lucy got to wear my other new dress (my birthday present), Kate wore the dress I brought with me and Marielle wore a copy of the dress Kate wore. It is the only time in my life I think that anyone will copy my fashion sense, but Ines at least I must be a bit trendy (thanks for all your rude comments on my Gambian outfits)!!!!
I have put up photos of the majority of the volunteers who were there.
The ‘hear no evil, see no evil and speak no evil’ photo is of myself and my Ugandan friends who I sat on the back of the ute with for hours making jokes and drumming tunes on the up-country trip. They tell me they miss my energy (it’s not often I have energy so I am so impressed that I am remembered for it!). The photo is in memory of the monkeys we saw. The Gambian tradition is not to mention monkeys if you see them as it will bring bad luck. It turned out to be a joke on the trip that after seeing monkeys we had trouble on the ferry on the way back (the guys also attributed my kittens to the monkeys!).
No comments:
Post a Comment