Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Oxford Brookes university




For those of you who don’t think prayers get answered – think again. Just as I was stressing about the finer points of writing up the draft curriculum for the ECD certificate for the college, what should turn up but a delegation from Oxford Brooks university here to share ECD practice in creativity with the Gambian ECD teachers. Heaven sent!!!!

So for the best part of this week I have been following the delegation around to find out more about ECD in the UK and more about Gambian ECD. It is a fantastic program. The Gambian ECD students get paired with a UK ECD student and together they do workshops on creativity in ECD lead by Gambian and Oxford Brookes tutors and then spend two days visiting ECD centres.

It was a fantastic week and very refreshing to hear the UK students ideas about what they saw.

One of the biggest bonuses for me was being able to share what I was doing with their lecturer Nic and get his ideas. Luckily he had also assisted with reviewing the previous draft of the Gambian ECD curriculum so could give me some brilliant advice.

Here is a video of the final celebration from the delegation. I have also posted some pics under the headings of the various schools I visited with one of the students Laura.




Balding Nursery School

On the Wednesday I accompanied Laura and Vivian to Balding Nursery School. It was a school I have visited before on observations and loved. They are very child friendly. Unfortunately for them it was the first day of school so we were very disruptive to them, but they were so welcoming. Many of the students hadn’t started school yet and the school was still being tidied so in the photo’s the classes aren’t as full or the kitchen as clean as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment