After getting back to Brikama after two weeks of frustrating Gelli rides, Nic and I decided to spend the last weekend in luxury. On the Friday night we booked a tree house on the beach at Boiboi, about an hour drive from Brikama. That night we had a storm, which should be nasty in a tree house, but it was perfect because the tree house didn’t leak, only shook a little and the lightning was spectacular. The next night we went to the Kombo area and spent the night at Kanali hotel (the ‘best’ hotel in the Gambia). We managed also to find an Italian restaurant which served really nice food. The hotel also served an all you can eat buffet breakfast – which was great but nearly torture because it was all the food that I miss from home, but my tummy was just not big enough! The best part by far was the hot shower. The unfortunate thing was that I discovered that my tan was maybe not all the tan I thought it was. It felt so nice to be clean again!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment