Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Halloween


The weekend after the Jaliba concert I was invited to a Halloween party at Katie, one of the Australian wives from the American embassy’s house. I also got a call from Pete to say that a group of VSO’s were going to a party at the British High Commission and then joining Katies party so I joined them. It was good fun dressing up and doing a proper Halloween with people from the UK and from America. My costume wasn’t that good – there is nowhere to buy costume’s from in Brikama but I pinned red material as blood streaks down my dress and wrapped red material and a white scarf around my arm as an injury. The Kombo volunteers did well and actually found a shop with Halloween costumes so I went with a pig (Pete), witch (Bernie), pirate (Tom), pirate (Danny) and Gambian (Josh). It was a good fun night but I have to admit that it ended in a game of scrabble ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment