Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rubbish




I am dedicating this section to rubbish. Something I had never thought about is that in developing countries with limited national budgets, garbage collection is not yet on the agenda. Not only does it make you think twice about getting things with wrappers (where are you going to put the wrapper when you’re done?) but it is also a good argument for recycling. Whoever argued against the phasing out of plastic bags – keep an eye on this site. I will post some photos that will completely blow your mind at how damaging those things really are. Yep no bins mean black plastic bags are flying everywhere and believe me they do not break down!!!! They wreak havoc to the environment.
Every market seller insists on giving you a bag – to the point where I have no more room for bags. But I am glad to see the Gambians do use baskets and buckets on their heads to carry their shopping. This means that even though they try to use less bags the things are still choking every street (they are even flying around when you are driving around places where no houses are!). The only thing I have seen breaking down is the one green bag I saw in a garbage pile that was too heavy to blow around the environment and was breaking up due to the hot sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment