Sunday, August 1, 2010

My other job!


Unfortunately lecturing isn’t the only thing on my plate at the moment. I am a lecturer by day and a researcher by night. I have now finished the training manual (the training course starts next week, so Katie might fill in for my classes while I deliver the module I wrote for the course) and the report on school readiness is done. I should see the results of both next week.
So now that they are over I was ready to relax and just focus on my teaching work, and on assisting the other lecturers in their planning, but I am not that lucky. Last week VSO nominated me to assist in an assessment of the impact of VSO volunteers on special needs teacher training in the Gambia. So now I am on a committee to design a research project, implement it and produce a report all by September (yes that means the whole project must be done, with my participation, whilst I am teaching 24 hours a week of lectures). It is impossible, but since we are in a transition stage, which means that most of the volunteers have either gone home or are yet to come, I am one of the only choices. I did try to say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment