The big news for me this week is that I moved house!!
Sadly Anne, my neighbour has moved out after five years. After a little bit of discussion we decided it would be a good idea for me to move into her house (for me it was a brilliant idea).
The main reason for this is that her house has more light and a proper table for me to work from. The other reason is that Safiatou, my cleaner will still have access to the house to use the back tap and that Mr Touray's power is attached to Anne's house so I can assure him that his power supply will be continued.
So in the middle of a really busy week I moved. It took two afternoons, or more specifically about two hours. Yep I really don't have that much stuff (but unfortunately, Mum, I can still make a mess with what I do have, but you would be proud of how often my house is actually tidy!!!).
I have posted a beautful photo Anne took before she left of her and the old man I mentioned right at the start of this blog. He sits at the end of my road and gives me the most beautiful good morning everyday - despite the fact that we don't speak the same language.
Anne is leaving a big hole in our compound - she was a really beautiful person, who did and still does a lot to help the local community and Gambia at large. One thing she did was get Canadian school children to donate books to Gambian children and ship them over, these were distributed to the teacher trainees to take to their classes when they first started. She also assists people to sponsor childrens and teenagers school fees and university fees so that even poor children can access education.
No comments:
Post a Comment