Monday, January 11, 2010

New Addition to the Family



Time is ticking away until I leave and there is still so much to do.
I have to do a lot of reading on the Gambia - I just bought the DVD the Roots which is about the slave trading that happened in the Gambia in the 1700s and 1800s. This should help me learn about the history of the people (which will relate to the way they might react to Westerners).
I have to contact returned volunteers to check that the gear I am taking to the Gambia is relevant and necessary.
I am in the middle of packing up house and moving all my stuff (or junk as Nic calls it) to Nic's house.
And I still have to do the boring stuff like my tax, insurance, my will, legal matters and filling out forms so the Victorian Teaching Institution doesn't deregister me (yes that organisation is so rigid that if I don't fill out a certain form in a few months whilst I'm away, I will lose my registration - they won't let me fill it out before I go).
But the most important thing to be done is to spend time with family and friends and Nic!!! I am very lucky to have a new niece born on the 29th of December, Eliza Jane, she must have known she wasn't going to get to spend much time with me so she came early!!! Here are some pics of the new bub with me and her brothers and Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment